Berlin. What a nuisance. What a bloody big nuisance. This wont make sense without some background information.
Well, that should do. As you can see I got a nice sector under my secret name, "Britain". Don't tell anyone. I, France and America decided to rebuild our sectors because we are nice. But Stalin? Of course he didn't help his people! He took lots of money from his "Soviet Sector" and paid for repairs from the world war in Russia. As a show of unity, we all decided to unite the French, British and American sector into a new country of " West Germany". But I and America had already joined to make "Bi-zonia".Aren't we nice?
Stalin did not like this though. He still wanted all of Berlin because it was in the Soviet part of Germany. He wasn't subtle about it either. He implemented the "Berlin Blockade", a very rude thing to do. It blocked all rail and road links into West Berlin. I was not having this, at all. With this new blockade the people would starve and die! But we were not going to give up all of Berlin. Backing down? That's the French way not the English way. We decided to simply fly over food for the "East Germans". Well, i'd say mainly me. Overall "West Germany" transported 1.5 million tons into Berlin! I was very chuffed. On the 12 May 1949, success! Stalin finally gave up.
I knew that we couldn't stop these damn Soviets. It's not getting any better.
England
.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment