Dear Diary, A spiffing day today! With the Germans beaten and the allies still united I think we finally managed to stop any attempt at another world war! Fantastic! We all met to sign the "Treaty Of Versailles". Shame it's so french, but hey ho. We invited the Germans so they could sign it, but could they have any say about it? Of course not! They started the war after all. They just sat there and stayed quiet.
It's odd though, the treaty had so many different aims for different people. The French want to weaken Germany due to their close proximity. But most importantly they were jolly adamant for the reparations. Funny coming from the French! They never do anything in wars.
The Americans kept going on about freedom again. Free trade, free this and free that. But most importantly Wilson wanted peace. He didn't want to be harsh on Germany but we showed him different!
We wanted to punish Germany for the pain and economic loss they caused us but personally I am not that bothered about the whole paying back. I'd rather have a stronger self repaired Germany to add to Europe. I and the French both want secret treaties. Let's hope this is the end of the Germans aggression now!

No comments:
Post a Comment