Well, America and Russia are at it again! Trying to boost their spheres of influence to make them larger or stronger. But still, nice to sit back and reap any benefits. Truman made a speech, in this speech he said that Greece was a country with few natural resources and effectively just slagged it off! How unusual. But then he finally reached his new "Truman Doctrine". He asked for 400 million dollars to assist less economically well countries such as Turkey and Greece. He also asked to send military and civilian personal to help reconstruct these countries. Odd actions for a country that believes in isolationism.
The Soviets did not like this one bit. I could see the upset the Americans had caused and so could they. Odd thing being, they liked it. But soon Stalin decided he couldn't afford to lose countries to capitalism and created "Cominform", the Communist Information Bureau. I noticed a key word right there! Communist. It was designed to unite all communist governments, or sometimes known as satellite states, and consequently govern them as one.
But that's not enough to combat the Marshall Plan. After all, what's the only thing that can beat money? More money! But sadly Stalin could never hope to counter the money laid out in the Marshall plan. However it did have one thing on its side, a government that can doesn't need to please it's countries. Sometimes I wonder if I would be better like this... Anyhow "Comecon" was created and this was the "Council for Mutual and Economic Assistance". They provided basic financial and resource aid to invest and support. But I could clearly see it was just to combat the Marshall Plan.
Glad I'm not involved in this,
England.




No comments:
Post a Comment